Anyone using, handling or storing cylinder gases in a laboratory
environment. Laboratory and other managers with operational
responsibilities for safety. Managers, Supervisors and staff from all
functions who are responsible for the safe use of gases within their
Laboratory Gases Safety Awareness Workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders
- Recognise how cylinders operate
- Be award of the hazards of asphyxia
- Recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- Identify flammability hazards
- Select the correct gas control equipment
- Recognise the hazards of using incorrect manual handling techniques
- Re-assess current storgae facilities in line with relevant guidance
- Introduce safe working practices into your workplace.
University Connecting Regulators Practical Workshop
The workshop will enable participants to:
- Appreciate the need for personal protective equipment and using the
correct cylinder trolleys.
- Correctly identify gas cylinders.
- Recognise how cylinders operate.
- Identify potential hazards on gas regulators.
- Select the correct gas control equipment.
- Experience how to correctly fit a gas regulator to a cylinder valve.
- Recognise the need to open cylinder valves slowly.
- Correctly leak test a gas system.
- Recognise the need for safe shut-down procedures.
- Introduce safe working practices into their workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DELEGATES MUST BE SUPPLIED WITH AND WEAR APPROPRIATE
PPE DURING THE PRACTICAL SESSION, I.E. EYE PROTECTION, SAFETY SHOES AND