Lunchtime Seminar : Research Funding and fellowships - Business, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Course Code 50130561
Course has already taken place
Jennifer Rivas Perez
Suitable for postdoctoral research staff and final year PhD students in
the faculties of Arts Humanities & Cultures, ESSL and LUBS.
If the course is FULL, then please register on our waiting list by
emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, April 03, 2017, 12:30 to 14:00
If you have had little/no experience of applying for funding, navigating
the funding landscape can seem incredibly daunting, especially at a time
when the UK Research Councils are undergoing an extensive period of
change in terms of the levels, types and areas of funding available.
This short session will:
- provide an overview of how research funding in the UK works: where
does the money come from and how can you access it?
- introduce the main funding bodies for your research area and types of
funding available at different stages of your career
- guidance and suggestions as to how you can find out about the latest
funding opportunities in your discipline
- an overview of the University's support in this area
- include time to discuss any questions that you may have.