Overall Aim of the Course
To explore the definition of disability and to help you develop an
understanding of the concepts of 'accessibility' and 'inclusion' in the
We will look at various ways in which the University supports
disabled students, and how students can access that support. We will
also look at what support staff can do to remove barriers to access and
ensure that disabled students are able to reach their full potential
here at Leeds.
1. To explore what ‘disability’ is
2. To give an overview of ‘accessibility’ and ‘inclusion’
3. To look at Disability and the Law: what are ‘reasonable adjustments’?
4. To explore how the University supports disabled students
5. To discover what individuals can do to support disabled students
6. An opportunity for questions and answers
Learning and Teaching Methods
Interactive workshop with activities and case studies.
Jenny Brady is one of the University's Disability Coordinators.
Feedback from Recent Participants
"[Included] a lot of information I consider 'essential' to a student
"Excellent course. Tutor very knowledgeable and helpful. Good, clear