This course is aimed at Student Education Service staff (both recently
appointed and established) in schools, faculties and services with a
frontline role in student support (taught and research). If the course
is FULL, then please register your intererst by clicking on the BOOK
link above with the date 01.01.9999 and complete the criteria requested.
Please note this course was previously called "How can we help @ Leeds"
This course will introduce participants to the role that the Student
Support and Counter Services team plays in supporting different cohorts
of students throughout their academic life as well as staff and alumni.
INTENDED OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS:
On completion of the course, participants will
- have an awareness of the services available to students, staff and
alumni both face to face and remotely;
- be confident in how, when and where to refer students to the
- have established key points of contact within the service which
be valuable for referrals and for arranging knowledge transfer sessions.
The course will highlight how the Student Support and Counter Services
team support students from registration through to graduation and
beyond. It will cover the following:
• The issuing of student ID cards and the associated ID checks and
• The issuing of official student documents (transcripts,
status certificates, council tax exemption certificates, academic
verifications, bank letters and more;
• The face to face, telephone and email enquiries we deal with on
behalf of other sections;
• The facilities within the Student Services Counter area;
• The services provided to staff and students by the Cashiers
• The services provided to students by the International Student
LEARNING AND TEACHING METHODS
The presentation will be delivered via PowerPoint. A copy of the
presentation and Frequently Asked Questions will be provided.
Participants will be encouraged to ask questions throughout the
presentation. Participants will be given the opportunity to shadow
Counter Services staff at a later date.
Renato Pallassini, Student Education Service Manager (Student Support
and Counter Services) and Lisa Webb, Student Education Service
Supervisor (Student Support and Counter Services)and David Jackson,,
Student Education Service Supervisor (Student Support and Counter
QUOTES FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
"[This course] provided a very clear description of what the counter and
cash services does and what areas they can deal with. Very clear and